Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yeasu FT-8800 Working Again

Over a year ago I posted about my Yeasu FT-8800 not working. Well as I said there it probably isn't worth the cost of shipping it off for service if there is something major wrong. So I pulled out my trusty DVM and opened the case to poke around. Sure enough voltage was making it to the inline fuse, but not into the radio. I don't know what I did but by just opening, poking around and closing the radio, it now works! Works so well, in less than 20 minutes my XYL was anoid at my HAM Radio hobby again.  Every silver lining has a cloud it seems.

Any way, I'm back on the air again. It seems like I might actually have time to get on the air this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment